Tuesday, April 2, 2013

2,000 + miles in One Week

This past week has been busy and hectic for us!  We, well I drove 2,000 + miles over the course of a week, 1,200 in less than 48 hours, we were in 4 almost 5 states, visited a Zoo and now sitting back at home and staying put for awhile!

Last Sunday the 24th, Levi and I dropped our kids off at friends (had to sneak out and prevent some tantrums) and hopped in the car and drove 11 hours to Weedsport, NY for training for his new job.  While he was in training, I hit the outlet mall and did some minor damage, but got the kids some new cloths for spring and summer from Carter's, OshKosh B'Gosh and Old Navy.  3 hours later than expected we were on the road again headed back to Indiana.  Outside of Cleveland, OH we stopped for a potty break and I got myself a Hazelnut Macchiato from Starbucks and OMG I'm in LOVE!  I normally am just a coffee with some milk type of girl but from now on whenever I get the chance I will be stopping and getting one of these!  The downfall of getting one of these at 10PM is I couldn't sleep whenever we got home at 2AM... but I think it was worth it!!!

Next on the traveling list, was a last minute, I have to drive 2 hours through Stop Light City Kokomo and to the south side of Indianapolis to get to the Indiana Dept. of Revenue before they close at 4:30... I made it with 15 minutes to spare, unfortunately it took an hour to process all the paperwork and the ladies had to work late, but they told me if I made it there by 4:30 I would be helped and I'm so thankful for that!  What was I doing at the INDOR???  Getting plates for Levi's new Semi so he can travel not only in Indiana, but Ohio, Michigan and Illinois for his new job.

Last but not least, the kids, 2 dogs and myself traveled down to my parents in Santa Claus, IN for Easter weekend.  While down there we visited the Mesker Park Zoo, now this isn't the greatest Zoo in the world but we all got a great workout from the hills and and the mile we had to walk to see everything but hearing my kids yell and laugh when they see a new animal was priceless!  Easter Sunday was spent attending church, hunting easter eggs and blowing bubbles and NO naps from to much chocolate and candy thanks to Mimi...

After this past week, I think I will be staying put for awhile!   

No comments:

Post a Comment