Thursday, April 25, 2013

Paint Refinishing Fail...

You've seen a couple post with me using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, well I wanted to show you some bar stool's I painted with just plain old flat paint from Wal-Mart. 

Bar stool's before painting them with flat paint from Wal-Mart

After 1 coat of flat yellow paint from Wal-Mart

 Bar stool in the front has had 4 coats and bar stool in the back has had 2 or 3. 

As you can see from the pictures using your plain flat paint doesn't cover very well and it left brushstrokes like no other.  I will be sanding these bar stools down (to get brush strokes out) and will be repainting them with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in English Yellow.

I'd happily spend the $37.95 on a quart of AS Chalk Paint and only paint 2 coats vs painting 5+ coats of flat paint from Wal-Mart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment