Friday, April 5, 2013

Whats for Lunch???



Ask a 3 year old what she wants for lunch and you'll get "Pancakes and Berries" as your answer! 

And that's exactly what we had, homemade pancakes with strawberries and blueberries!  
I make homemade pancakes about every 3 months, I freeze them and then take out however many I need for the meal and heat them up in the microwave, 
super easy and you know what is in them!  

Here is the recipe for my Pancakes that was given to me from my momma.  I also make 2 batches of pancakes and they last about 3 months in my house.  1 half gallon of buttermilk will make 2 batches!

Large Batch of Pancakes
4 cups sifted Flour
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
4 Eggs
1 quart (4 cups) Buttermilk

Mix all ingredients together until smooth.  Set griddle at 300°-350° and spray with non-stick spray.  Laddle or pour batter onto griddle.  Flip pancakes when edges bubble.  

You may have to adjust for temperatures depending on your griddle.  Once done, let sit until room temp, put them in a ziplock freezer bag or container and freeze away!  

To reheat, cook them for a minute and a half and flip half way through!

No comments:

Post a Comment